Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This day couldn't get here any faster




(thanks Bailey and Hinkley for the "pack pack")
Shaydon has been waiting for this day for a long time. I don't know when I 1st talked to him about going to school maybe March or April when I signed him up, but he hasn't stoped talking about it since. Loves when we pass a school bus and can't wait to ride on one. (he thinks he's going on one soon) we have threatened potty training with school and lied to him about calling his teacher to tell him he can't go because big boys don't go the the bathroom in their underwear. Knowing the whole time he would be starting regardless. Well, he loved it. I dropped him off and walked him to the door and he walked in like he owned the place. He handed his teacher (Darcy) her present (a bottle of water with "Shaydon is thirsty for your knowledge" (thanks Korbi) and sat down with the other kids. There are 3 girls and 3 boys. I was a proud mom of how brave he was but my heart was melting he didn't even give me a hug or kiss bye.... no tears were shed, but my little boy is growing up. Oh, we had to call papa and nana on the way to school so he could tell them that today was his 1st day of school. How cute!! Everyone is excited for this little guy.
i love you shaydon!!!
When I got out of the truck he opened the door and came running out and said HI MOM gave me a hug and said i went to school all by myself!!
Darcy said he had a good day and liked using the glue.
On the way home we stopped and got chicken nuggets at McDonald's for completing his 1st Day!

1 comments:

Jana said...

I'll bet there were a couple of tears shed - by Shaydon's mom! How come there are so few kids in his class? That is great! Did the threatening work with the potty training? Wish you guys were going Saturday. We'll miss you!