Friday, April 22, 2011

carl's jr.

got the best of us today.....





we were enjoying a fun play date with cara, milo and ollie when shaydon started to cry & was holding his arm....as soon as i saw it i knew it was broken, it made me nauseous! call scott and went and pick him up from work and headed to the St. Lukes ER. THANKS to cara for keeping slater while we went.


Hooking up the IV to start the sedation meds.

he cried more at that than the broken arm!! i think cause he could see it.


waiting for him to wake up......




sure love this little boy!!!


loves that he gets to eat a Popsicle at the "hosspittle"

It was a packed room. Respiratory therapist, Nurse, Dr., Scott, Me, Slater and the x-ray machine. he had wires hooked up to his heart and oxygen in his nose. i am glad he was out of it cause it made me squirm... just at the sounds it made. he squirmed a little. he kept saying i am brave right? yep you are i said!!!

He sure got spoiled!!! he got to watch spider man on TV, got spider man stickers, a new hippopotamus book and a toy "ZIP". i am sure i will pay for it when the bill comes right? glad he is doing so well. the pain meds make him a little loopy and so talkative and i thought he asked a lot of questions before the meds. the x-rays were pretty bad. i am going to get a copy of it for his baby book.

we stopped at costco for a berry smoothie for the brave little man. i think we will all sleep well tonight. What an eventful day!! Scott said to me after we had the kids to bed "don't you think we have more drama than anyone we know?" LOL i know right........ or is this just life?? this is after our sump pump went out last week and our basement smells like poop....ugh..... :0)

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Shaydon
What a trooper you are....you are so brave.....I love you so much....hope you have a happy Easter:0) You will have to get ahead start on the Easter egg hunt, since you only have one arm...love you
Nana

Debbie said...

Good job mom and dad....the first broken bone........hopefully the last.......let's hope
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you guys are home and shaydon is feeling better!take it easy for a while!

Jana said...

Wow - I hope Scott realizes this is just the beginning and there is so much more drama ahead. Glad you survived the proceduare as I sure that I would have passed out. And poor little Slater - how painful. It looks like lots of popsicles at your house.
PS How exactly did Shaydon break it and how long will the cast be on?

bledsoeblog said...

So, I opened your blog with my mom here in Bend and she had to quickly turn away after seeing Shaydon's arm. I have seen plenty of these and the sight of this kind of break makes my eyes water. It is even worse knowing Shaydon! What a brave little man! You look stunning even in the midst of all the craziness! Good luck my bestie!

sauter signs off said...

Sommers,
Rebecca just showed me Shaydon's arm... All I have to say is "OUCH", poor little guy. What a tramatic experience! I hope he enjoys the extra attention he's going to get... he deserves it!

Kelli and Chad said...

What a brave little guy. That arm did looked all jacked up, you weren't exagerating! We need to plan his little cast party now!

Brown said...

Hey Shaydon We love you and you are super brave! Hope all goes well with his arm, we are thinking about you! Poor little guy.

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy, Glad he is brave!

Anonymous said...

I just had to type in "cousn" HA!!!

Unknown said...

I heard about this! How sad, I can't believe that happened! I am glad to see that he is ok.