Tuesday, October 14, 2008

apples... apples..... apples

Cara and I went to the Church apple orchard this morning to pick apples for canning apple sauce, apple pie filling, eating fresh apple pie, apple cobbler, red hot apples (I am sure there are many other thing to do with apples) and of course the bishop store house. We volunteered our time for 2 hours and then pick us about 10 bushels of Gala apples. I really don't know how big a bushel is but we picked a lot. I think we will be "appled out" before long.
It was a lot of fun and even Shaydon and Milo enjoyed each other. Shaydon took a bite of his first apple. Thanks Cara for leading the way we will be experts by next year. See you next week when we can all these apples.




4 comments:

twylla said...

What a fun time. I wish I had been with you. When our kids were little we went to Filer to pick apples almost every year. We would take jam and peanut butter sandwiches and have such a good day and have our apples for the winter. Yes it was fuuuuunnnnnn.

Cara said...

I hope we are still smiling when we get done with this adventure. Just kidding it will be great. Have a great weekend. See you next week.

Jana said...

You are way too much like Twylla - every time I talk to her she is freezing or canning. I keep trying to tell you guys they have grocery stores for that kind of thing!

Al & Debbie said...

Glad you had fun, love the pix what a beautiful day