Tuesday, June 8, 2010

on my own

Well the 1st week on my own wasn't too bad. We stayed home 4 of the 7 day's. Didn't realize how much everyone was helping. By the 3rd day I realized that I was exosted and need to rest when the boys were sleeping in the afternoon. I always give that advise and usually live by it, but I felt good until now. I guess week three I hit the wall. Can't quite catch up on the sleep, but am still functioning. A friend gave me this blog to read about her experience with the second child. She said this (paraphrasing) One child is like playing house and the second is becoming a mom and the real work begins. This is true. Shaydon has not only been my son, but my side kick, best friend, shopping partner, secret keeper crafting buddy, road tripper and play mate for the last 2 years & 22 months. We have been having fun doing all these things. Is is possible to to all of these things with two? Found most of my free time is late at night and should I use it to check email/blog/craft or house work? I am going to have to learn how to manage my free time better while prioritizing the to do list . Some days it seems easy & and got this and others I wonder what the heck I got myself into.

Shaydon is wondering where all the people went. 1st it was Bo and Jamie then Papa. Next was grandpa and grandma Gerratt. Mimi, aunt Dawn, Lexie and aunt Wendy, cousins Zack, Lily and
Nic with Eric and Yvonne. The list goes on......Playgroups with Milo and Trey and Tian. It must seem like one big party. Some day's he is really needy and wants all my attention, but most of the time it's "I am Big now" "Where is my baby brother and is he coming with us? Will he come to Church or the store etc... with us?" "Why" I say Yep he is in our family now and will be coming everywhere with us. okay he says. I've been pleasantly surprised how good he's been. Trying to spend Slaters sleep time doing something with him so he feels he is getting the attention he needs. I find that he is more willing to help me out with Slater when I involve him. Potty training is still a struggle and wish he would just get it, but I guess I am going to have to put in a good week of just us and the toliet for him to get it.

Scott has been such a GREAT help. He has offered to do feeding on the weekend and sometimes gets up with Slater during the night. I feel bad asking him, because he works all day, but if he offers I am going to take him up on it. We had "survival time" with Shaydon and he has started with Slater. Basically tummy time. It's fun to see Scott play with Shaydon and Slater he's such a good dad. He knows when he calls me on the way home from work and it's been one of those days he sure knows how to lighten my load after a hard day of work. Thanks honey.

Slator has been such a great addition to our family we love him and I know he loves us. He is already smiling at us and is a GREAT sleeper. I don't know how long it takes to establish a routine, but I think he has one all ready. I will lay him down about 9:00pm-10:00pm and he will sleep until 4:00am- 5:00am. How great is that I am so lucky. He's been a good eater and pooper from the beginning. He is back up to his birth weight of 7.11 lbs. Thank you baby wise!!


Roxy hasn't skipped a beat. I think she knew before any of us that Slater was coming to our home. She was very clinging from before I knew I was pregnant. Her new hang out spot in the Slaters room right in the door way. It's a good visual for the rest of the house. Likes to know what is going on. She has only had one accident in the house since Slater was born. She is vying for attention too.

0 comments: