Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to All of us!!



California here we come!!


Mom was very brave to travel by herself (on her birthday) with two boys, but they did GREAT!! Shaydon as been wanting to go on a plane for i don't know how long!! It's all he talks about. So we asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he said to go on a plane ride, so that is what we did! Poor nana get all of us for each of our birthdays. Mine 1st, Shaydon's 2nd and Scott's 3rd. We are going to have a fun 10 days.



Shaydon waiting to board our plane in Bosie



hanging out


fell asleep on our leg from Vegas to Burbank, finally

he hasn't fell asleep in my arms since he was a newborn!!


shaydon falling asleep, not!! he was way to excited.


Thanks to Nana for picking us up at the airport & the trouble we had filling out our lost bag report (an 1.5 hours later) and a $50.00 parking fee, ugh!!

Yep they lost it, all 4 bags!! plus i didn't have record of them...to make it worse, story below

At least i got it back at 11:00pm that night delivered.


okay funny story but not at the time.

I am a little OCD when it comes to traveling and keeping things where they belong. On our last leg from Vegas to Burbank we has an additional security check and had to get our our ID's aka our passports. Which are kept in my purse with the luggage tags that are stapled to the folder with the boarding passes. I set them in the umbrella of the stroller to have them out and available for the extra security check. So as i am walking and getting the stroller to the area before boarding the plane i have shaydon on the ground holding slater and my carry on bags just sitting there. I get the stroller put away and very thing and everyone loaded and get to our seats. FYI it a FULL flight. I realize that i left the passports in the umbrella of the stroller. So i think to myself what to do? I can't leave the kids and fight the rows of people filing on the plane so i just hit the call button for a flight attendant to come to me!! After about 10 minutes still no one has come and then i hear my name being called over the speaker so i turn tot he front of the plane and wave to get her attention that's ME!! So she brings me my passports that got turned in and all i could think about was how lucky i was to get the passports back. Didn't think that i would need the luggage tags that are stapled to the folder until i was looking for it in filling out the lost luggage report. UGH i didn't have them...no proof of me checking luggage let alone 4 of them. Well we did track all 3 of them down, (1 lost somewhere) but not after some confusion and supervisor help. It ws so confussing because i also had to check in the stroller on each leg and that was just too much for them to follow. So to say the least i had no idea what was coming to me at 11:00pm that night. whew...

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Somms.....

That was a crazy day....Shaydon looks so cute he is so excited, it was such a great time for Greg and I to have you all here for your birthdays......we loved every minute of it. The time was so precious for me....I love you,Scott, and those boys of mine.