Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Freezer Corn


before


after
One of the BEST things about marring Scott is the benefits of being in the family and the delicious crops from the farm. I will be honest i don't know the difference between corn and types and old vs new vs fresh. It's corn on the cob and taste delicious. About 6 years ago while i was fighting fire i came home from a fire late and Scott had frozen corn!! WOW was i impressed. it only took me 6 years later to finally do it myself. Thanks to Larry for shucking the corn and Barbara and Mimi giving me a quick lesson on blanching and freezing. It only took me less than 2 hours 9after the kids went to bed) and i had all this for the freezer. Scott was impressed and now we will have yummy corn all winter!!

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Somms

The corn batch looks great.....I remember those days....good job, thanks to Barbara and Larry and the farm.
Love ya
Mom