Sunday, April 6, 2008

SURPRISE!!!

Sorry for the pix, my camera is offically broken I hope to get one soon. I will post more pix as I get them from the guest.

My mom had no idea that we were throwing her a surprise 50th Birthday Party. Thanks to my dad and also to Bev Young who got me some email addresses to spread the word. It was such a GREAT turn out and most importantly she was SURPRISED!!! She thought she was just coming down to a BB-Q with our immediate family since it was conference weekend. She had a VERY busy weekend with 2 auction on Saturday. Not to mention 3 caterings on Monday for lunch. I called and told mom that she had to come down this weekend and she said no!! She just had too much going. I immediately called dad and said he was going to have to pull teeth and probably tell her the truth to get her to come, but amazingly she came and he didn't have to ruin the surprise. Thanks for all those who came & supported her she out of all women she deserved every bit of the attention today!!!

I have been busy making decorations and food all week long. I made homemade potato salad & pasta salad, fresh strawberry's, rosemary and olive oil bread with balsamic vinegar & oil along with hummus for dipping, chips, and Oreo mint & peanut butter truffles, Scott on the grill with chicken breast, burgers & dogs. Cheesecake for dessert drizzled with berry puree. The Food & Guests were GREAT the weather for the most part cooperated too. Oh, did I mention that we had a clown come and she made her a crown and wand to rule her party!!! She (the clown) stayed and made balloon shapes and animals for the kids.

Happy 50th Debbie....We love you !!!
You deserved a GREAT Party

0 comments: