Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our Trip to California

I had some frequent flyer miles I needed to use so Shaydon and I decided to go visit my aunt's Connie & Jae and my uncle Michael who have not yet meet Shaydon. Thanks to them for putting us up, playing, driving us around, entertaining and hanging out with us. Neither of my aunts have kids so it was an adventure for them and us being our first plane ride and trip longer than a weekend. Thanks to Scott for picking us up and helping us with our luggage since it doubled while we were gone. We love and missed you, sweetheart. I am sure my aunts are exhausted after we left they are going to need a nap!!! Thanks again.....

Shaydon did so good on the plane ride out to LA, I feed him as we took off and he never hinted like his ears hurt. I had an extra seat next to me which really helped. I was not as fortunate on the way back to Idaho. Although the gentleman next to me was very nice and understanding he has 5 kids himself. I learned a few things about traveling with a baby. Good & bad.

We had lunch in Malibu along with some shopping, went to the Ventura Beach and walked around watched the surfers, visited our friends that we meet in the BSU married student ward 7 years ago, they live in Upland California. Went to my favorite two stores that we don't have in Idaho IKEA and Trader Joe's. More shopping, juiced fresh lemons off their tree and then made fresh lemon cheesecake. Had lunch with their friends, showed them how to check our blog, got pedicures and most importantly spend time visiting!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad to see you made it!!! That first trip on a plane is always scary. I had to do it cross country when Mason was only a month old. Not too fun. I bet it was great to be back in Cali...I am jealous. I am so ready to go ANYWHERE but here, but we are trying to get our basement done, so that takes up all of our spare time!!! By the way, that Easter outfit of Saydon's is absolutely ADORABLE! What a cute kid! Miss ya.

Yvonne said...

Just when I think Shaydon couldn't get any cuter ... another picture pops up with his amazing smile and sweet little eyes! Love the pictures ... looks like a fun time ... so glad you were able to go! :)