Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Vintage Pickel Elevator

I can't believe that I haven't BLOGGED about this!!!



Anytime that we go to Mimi's house we have pickles, Dill pickles!! Baby Dill Pickles okay Milwaukee's Midget Kosher Dill pickles!!! Anything else is just not the same. They only sell them at Smith's in Burley so we stock up there or in Mimi's food storage!!




Now to the elevator!!! The pickle elevator. The Rubbermaid company use to make this Tupperware just for pickles. Well now it's a vintage item and hard to find. They make something similar, but it's just not the same. About 3 years ago I found 2 of them at a yard sale for 25 cents each. I spotted them and took off running toward them. One was labeled sweet and the other dill. I was so excited. Now the trouble was who was I going to give the other one too. Defiantly someone who would appreciate it as much as us Hunt's did. I don't remember who I had for Christmas that year, but they were the lucky winners. It was the hit of Christmas. People were even willing to pay lots of money!

Pickles just don't taste the same if they don't come from the pickle elevator!! Thanks Mimi for such a GREAT tradition of eating pickles. You know Shaydon is part Hunt because he loves them already!! I gave him his first pickle at 7 months!!

2 comments:

twylla said...

Boy I dont know what happened but my comments just disapeared I dont know what I did Anyway Ill try again. Traditions are nice to keeep in families even if it is just a picle elevator. Papa Doodle used to go to the fridge and get one once in a while so I guess that is why I kept then in the fridge. Anyway I am glad that we have a pickle tradion in our family

Kaela said...

Thats somthing i will never forget. I know every time we have a family dinner at her house she always gets mad becuase we all sneak to get pickles. I cant wait for another get together!