Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Immunizations

Today was a very hard day!!! More for me than probably Shaydon. Shaydon received his 1st shots. (There was 5 of them) I started to freak out about an hour before his appointment. I didn't know weather or not to give him Tylenol before or after or how much? So I called my sister-in-law Yvonne and she helped to calm me down. This is his pediatrician Dr. Naya Antink. The Nurse who actually gave the shots was so good. She had everything lined up and ready to go so it would take less time. She asked me if I wanted to stay or go, but I wanted to stay and be with him. What is worse? Leaving him by himself or being there with him even though it's hard for me? Anyway, I am sure the bugs bunny band-aid helped. Shaydon quit crying as soon as I picked him up. He was so good and brave. Shaydon was pretty sleepy the rest of the afternoon and was up more often that night, but it was okay I felt so bad for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sommers, I loved his blessing outfit, so cute! Shots sure are hard, aren't they? I've got two blogs now... gibbyfamilyfun.blogspot.com and wearejarrards.blogspot.com, if you want to check it out.

Brit said...

I think shots are definitly harder on the parents. What a good mom you are to worry so much!!! Shaydon is very blessed!!!