Saturday, May 10, 2008

Nice People

Our weekend started off GREAT!!

We went to Burger King with my sister-in-law and her friend TJ & all of our kids. It was a lot of fun to visit & let the kids play. Yvonne has 3 kids, TJ 4 kids (Charli is just a few weeks old, so cute!) & 1 for me.




My parents hosted an exchange student 9 years ago and we still keep in touch. So Franck got into town on Friday night and we went to dinner at On the Border. I got there early to put our name in and Scott drove around with Shaydon until he fell asleep. Everyone got there we ate dinner and then it came time to pay the bill. As I looked at the bill someone had paid $100.00 dollars of our bill!!! I thought for sure it was Franck, but it wasn't. After asking everyone and the waitress she said she could not divulge who paid the $100.00 and they wanted to be anonymous. So to this day we don't know who did it, but there are still nice people out there. How special are we?!!!

P.S. The only thing I could think of was when I was waiting outside for our table and no one else was there a gentlemen early 40's walked past and he was wearing a new pair of jeans and had left the tags on them. I politely stopped him and told him and he was very embarrassed, but said Thanks!!

Saturday was the Race for the Cure!
Last minute I got Scott to come with me and we met my brother Brook & Landon down there & walked a 5K. I knew lots of people who were going and ended on finding them all in the 14,000 people that were there. What a GREAT event. It's just keeps getting bigger & bigger each year.


Sunday was Mother's Day!!
Scott tried very hard to make this a very special day for me since it was my 1st!! Starting off by waking me up with a "Happy Mother's Day, I love you." Later, I walked into the kitchen to find a vase full of flowers with a card and a gift. I love day's when I get to choose what I want when I want. Topped off you an excellent dinner my favorite Thai Food. Thank you Honey, I really appreciate all your efforts. I really love going to church and hearing all the talks on Mothers. It really makes you appreciate all that your mother had done for you. I don't think life would be the same with out them in our life. Thanks to my mom and mother-in-law & all the mothers that I know. You are such a GREAT example to me and make me want to be better MOM. I love you!!!

My dad and Franck went to the Utah Jazz and LA Laker's play off game in Utah. On their way home I had them stop and get me this:

I have been wanting one since I first saw it. My sister-in-law is going to make Shaydon's 1st birthday cake. Thanks Yvonne. (Crazy huh! All ready planning his Birthday party)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a good weekend! So lucky to have someone pay on your bill!!! I bet it was the man you helped with his jeans, if I had loads of money I would show appreciation that way that is always embarrassing

Yvonne said...

I LOVE that cake pan... where did they end up getting it? I want one! What colors are you thinking for Shaydon't birthday ... never to soon to start planning! hee hee